BlogFest is about 30 hours away from now.. but I’m so excited that I can’t sleep! I know I share this sheer excitement with many other bloggers as well! So, what’s making me so excited and thrilled about the second rendition of the General Santos City hosted BlogFest?
- Meeting Avel and Orman – I’ve seen either of the two at some occasions throughout the year, but I’ve barely caught two birds with a single stone! Meh, it’s gonna be another bun, meat, bun (sandwich) photo again when I’m amidst the two!
- It’s going to be more epic than the former! – BlogFest 1.0 was one heck of an event already, and this one is looking to be much more fun, and more epic! I don’t intend to undermine or underrate the first version, hah, even that event was great, but the way things shape up and all the hype that’s going on around BlogFest 2.0, this is certainly the blogging event of the year in Mindanao!
- Davao Bloggers galore in Gensan! – Olan, Faust, Lyle, Brendel, Alma, you name ’em! Most, of the Davao Bloggers will head out to our neighbors from General Santos City to attend this once in a life time event (next year it’ll be BlogFest 3.0, so technically, BlogFest 2.0 is a once in a lifetime event :p)!
- Pinoy Teens represented by my girlfriend – This will be the first major blogging event that my girlfriend will attend to, how lucky she must be that her debut blogging event is going to be the BlogFest! The first major event that I attended though, also happened in Gensan which dates back 3 years… Mindanao Bloggers Summit 2.0!
- Getting my blogging vibes back! – I’m so positive about it that after this event, I’m going to be ubber inspired to keep blogging again the way I used to. 🙂
What BlogFest has to offer:
Of course, the list of speakers is in good shape as well, with incredible speakers all over the place! YOU, what are you most excited about BlogFest 2.0
It’s quite hard for me to find the right words about what has happened, but let me get it straight to the point first… I’m not attending the Mindanao Bloggers Summit 2011 in Iligan. I know, I know… I’ve confirmed several times, even registered way ahead of the event… but things just didn’t work out the way I wanted and the way I’ve planned them.
My parents, particularly my mother disliked the idea of me traveling out of town. She’s scared because of all the hype we see on television that war is going on in Mindanao. Aside from that, my father (who had a stroke attack back in June) also dislikes the idea to travel out of town at the moment. We’re also very low on money. Even the Pinoy Teens’ funds is low on money. It’d be a terrible idea if I’d borrow some when I still have a few payments due by the end of this month, right?
One of my sponsors for the month has backed out because they’ve got in trouble financially, too; and that really nailed MBS5 for me.
I was so excited, so eager to make it, but I was left with the ultimate decision by my parents… It’s going to be either BlogFest 2011 to which I travel with Princess Salan or the Mindanao Bloggers Summit.
Believe me, it was a tough choice to make, but reassessing our present situation and financial status of my parents [they are building a house], I just had to back out. We all have to make sacrifices sometimes!
I don’t know why I bothered writing this… but thanks to those who bothered to read it. I’m sorry for whoever expected me there. </3 Kitakits nalang sa BlogFest because that’s the blogging event of the year that I’m not gonna pass out on!
ps: I’m still looking forward to a press release of the event so I can still write about it 🙂